online discount

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

anybody know where to get hometheater (speakers) online at cheeper prices.

2. Jeff Brink

Jeff Brink Stunt Coordinator

Hi Matt,

Try acousticsounddesign.com. Also look on Ebay. Many HT installers and online businesses will put brand new merchandise on there at prices far less than local dealers. If you haven't read or heard yet, you have to be cautious about warranties. Many quality companies will not honor their warranties when items are purchased through "unauthorized dealers". One HT installer that I spoke with said he gets around this by dealing with authorized dealers to purchase his merchandise. Because he purchases large quantities, he gets excellent pricing from authorized dealers then turns around and sells his stuff on Ebay at prices better than you or I could get if we walked into the same dealer. If you have a problem with the merchandise, you send it back to him and he works with the authorized dealer, as the original purchaser, to get it fixed. FYI, I took a quote from the internet to my local HI FI Buys and they came to within $150 (tax included)of the price. I purchased through them so I could take my problem to them personally, should I have one. (Instead of dealing with shipping and delays.) My purchase was on a Denon 3802 and PSB 4T's, 8C, 10S's and 1B's - all for under $2500 out the door. Hope this helps. Good luck!