What's new

Online Coffee Clubs? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bought a new Technivorm (I was without one for about a year), and up until that purchase, I had forgotten how good a cup of coffee can taste.

I hate getting in my car and going to the local Rook coffee store to buy good coffee. Really, I would rather have fresh roasted coffee beans sent to my door....

...that is, if it's a good deal.

I suppose I am looking for a quality-bean company that will send a different type of coffee each month so I can decide which one I like best.

This way I can sample all kinds of different blends.

Anyone currently using one of these clubs and having a positive experience with them?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You know I never have tasted coffee or tea as an adult. I sample both as a kid and hated the taste of both.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. THAT is interesting.

You ever have the urge to go into a coffee shop -- a good coffee shop -- and just try a cup?

All kids hate coffee. I am really wondering if you would appreciate it as an adult. I have to say -- and I can bet that most everyone will say this -- it's the best part of the morning when you sip on a good cup of hot coffee.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
You know I never have tasted coffee or tea as an adult. I sample both as a kid and hated the taste of both.

Funny you should say that, Robert. I'm 38 and have never been able to finish a whole cup of coffee. I have no problem drinking a strong scotch though, so go figure.

I have discovered I like making espresso based drinks, like iced lattes, and have gotten into Nespresso for that. Their customer service is unmatched. Last week I placed an order for more coffee at about 10am and the package got to me in Minneapolis from Miami by dinnertime, even though the shipping was supposed to be 2 day!

Last edited:

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Ron, you've got La Colombe (the Dangerous Grounds guy) in your area right? I've never been a subscriber, but I know they have them. I have bought from them online, especially the Panama Boquete Estate coffee, and they have excellent products. I'm big on single origin stuff and they are a good place for that. I'm not into flavored coffees, so I can't comment on those.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
[QUOTE="Ronald Epstein, post: 4380062, member: 269895"
All kids hate coffee.[/QUOTE]
Don't be so quick with that one. My daughter *loved* coffee as a small child and *never* lost the taste for it. My wife used to drink coffee all day and into the evening. She'd leave her half-finished cup on the table when we went to bed and heat it up the next morning (I know... she still does this). As soon as we put my daughter in a "regular" bed (one she could get out of herself) she'd get up in the middle of the night, after we'd gone to sleep, and finish mom's coffee. After a few times of my wife asking me if I'd dumped the cup on the way to be I looked at my daughter and asked "Are you getting up and drinking mommie's coffee when we're in bed?" She said "Yes." Both her daughters like coffee (now 5 & 9 years old). The 5 year old likes just about any form, black to flavored. The older one prefers those with cream and sugar but *will* drink it black if I make it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You ever have the urge to go into a coffee shop -- a good coffee shop -- and just try a cup?
At this point in my life, it's a badge of achievement for me to say I never drank coffee, tea or alcohol. It's the non-conformist in me to keep doing so.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have not bought coffee online, but I find it a bit humorous the bulk of the thread that was asking for online vendors has been devoted to posters saying they don't like coffee. So let me hijack it a little more. Back when we were looking for a new coffee maker, we looked at the Technivorm. I think we would have tried it, despite the high price, but it bugged me that there were no measuring marks on the water tank. You wouldn't know how much water was in the machine.

Do you find this inconvenient? How easy is it to use?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron you are so close to Rook that it's a crime to think of going anywhere else =)

I do a lot of driving to and from work each day. To get in my car and drive over to rook is inconvenient. Would rather have it delivered.

Back when we were looking for a new coffee maker, we looked at the Technivorm. I think we would have tried it, despite the high price, but it bugged me that there were no measuring marks on the water tank. You wouldn't know how much water was in the machine.

Do you find this inconvenient? How easy is it to use?

I think it has measuring marks on the water reservoir. However, I don't use that. I use my cup as a measuring device for each amount I need to brew.

The Technivorm is extremely easy to use -- moreso than most any other coffee maker as there are no enhanced gadgets on it. It's as plain as a device can be. It also makes the best cup of coffee I have had in the home. Yes, worth the $300.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I didn't like coffee as a kid, but it's a good thing that's changed because now I can barely function without it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks