Online cable purchase..

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Sidney, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

I'm about to purchase a whole bunch of component video and audio cables and I need some help on ensuring that I go to the right supplier. I was looking at the 2 advertised companies on this web site, CinemaCables.com and BlueJeansCable.com.

I am looking for the best cable at a reasonable price. Just looking at the Component video cables, CinemaCables is easily more expensive than BlueJeansCable.

Since I've heard good things about bluejeanscable from member's posts I'm leaning towards purchasing stuff from them. What do you think? (Good Bad and the Ugly)

Any other suggestions on good reliable companies would be welcome.

Thanks.

Oh yah.. the best component cable I can get from any of these companies.. would they blow Monster's top of the line cable out of the water or match it (Quality, not price of course) (Okay.. I admit it, I'm asking because I bought a set of the most expensive one since he gave me a 40% discount since I was buying a TV, just want to feel good that I didn't waste my money fully on lower quality cables)

2. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

accessories4less.com has AR Pro series II for cheap. Pro series one is even cheaper. They are very good quality. I would doubt you would notice a difference

3. Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer Second Unit

BlueJeans will blow any Monster cable out of the water. It's like comparing a Paradigm speaker system to Bose...

I have quite a few of these cables and couldn't be happier. I myself have also had a number of Monster cables before BlueJeans came along. Trust me, you won't go wrong with BJ and their customer service is the best on the Net.

Good Luck!

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    www.partsexpress.com also carries AR as well as some others. I like AC4L though, I've bought plenty of stuff from them.

I compared Monster's video cables to another more expensive cable and it looked exactly the same. It actually required no adjustments in my calibration, so I kept the Monster Cable.

5. Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer Second Unit

John,

Agreed. I should have specified "in terms of value."

6. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

That's what I thought about the Monster Cables.. I can't return the Monster Cables unless I return my TV (Which I am getting close to doing.. Have another post about my TV problem). Any case that's good to know I don't have to replace the Monster's that I bought even though it costed way too much. Oh well, got the TV for a great price.

I have noticed there are a few AR fans here as well as BJ fans. I'll take a look into both of them. I might end up with BJ for custom length if AR doesn't build them to the lengths I need.

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

If you need quality cables at a low price and you care about the appearance (they're going to be visible) you can not beat Blue Jeans. If you are only interested in a cable that will be sufficient to transmit your video signal with 0 loss and perfect image, you can save a lot of money by going with cables from www.cablesforless.com and/or www.trianglecables.com or other suppliers. That's what I'm using for both HDTV and DVD and they're perfect at 50 feet. My brother brought over a $13K 4500 lumen EIKI projector for the Super Bowl (it was great to have most of the lights on and a super-bright picture for my SB party), and 50 feet of Triangle plus 25 more of his pro grade (and inexpensive) cables did the trick perfectly for OTA HDTV. Highly recommended.

8. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

I would find that hard to believe. There is no way they wouldn't take those back, believe me.

9. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

Oh sorry.. I didn't clarify what I mean I couldn't return them. I bought the TV with a whole bunch of things discounted. They said it was a package price and I can't return the accessories since they discounted the accessories by discounting the TV. Kind of their way of playing with numbers I guess. I'm sure if I pushed on returning them they probably would since I bought so much from them (had bought a Denon 3805 receiver a few days later).

10. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Ahhhhhh, just like that girl in Tijuana [​IMG]

11. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

Another vote for BlueJeans. A friend of mine just bought a 25' component cable from them, and it's a thing of beauty! I was very impressed with their quality for the price.

12. Don*A

Don*A Agent

Another good company for the price is Element CableI have tried Bluejean and I think the Element are a little better made also If you want to try something a little more $$ Try Cobalt. Great cables at a fair price, also they are a great company to deal with. Great service and great guarantee

13. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'm curious Don*A. What are the criteria that you used to arrive at your comment that Element Cables are of a better quality than the Blue Jeans offering?

14. Don*A

Don*A Agent

Chu, Really no criteria, Like I said it is what I think. I held one cable in one hand then one in the other and then swapped them on my gear. I was just a little more impressed with element. [​IMG]

15. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

Don, So you could tell the difference in the picture/audio quality when you swapped them out?

16. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

What is everyone's opinion of BetterCables? They seem to be very expensive. Would you put them in the same category with Monster in terms of pricing?

17. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

until bluejeans gained fame...bettercables was recommended more than anything here

18. Don*A

Don*A Agent

Sidney, Yes I could esp. the audio. The video was very close. Bet the build quality of the element cables I feel is much better.
    As for bettercables. I have also tried them. I think they are some of the best out there. But they are starting to get costly.

19. Sidney

Sidney Stunt Coordinator

Wow.. this is starting to get to be too many choices. I looked at BetterCables and they state that silver is a better conductor than gold or copper. I went to BlueJeans.com and they use gold plated with "pressure contact finger". ElementCable looks like gold plated as well, but couldn't tell since they didin't state the connector contact. Just find it interesting one would say silver is best and other would say gold is best. I always thought gold would be the best. Probably I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I had the images right in front of me.. and then maybe. I did like the look of Element's cable. Look like they put a plastic mesh jacket around the cables which makes it look nice.

Hmm.. from reading the reviews for Element.. looks like they are more known for audio cables than video. (though like I said, the video cable looks very nicely put together based on the picture)

20. Don*A

Don*A Agent

yes they do also they can do them in different colors. So each piece of gear can have its on color which makes it easy to keep things organized behind the rack. Plus it looks pretty cool!