Online Buying?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Casey H, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Casey H

Casey H Stunt Coordinator

Anybody had any luck buying Denon products online? Most likely would be an "unauthorized dealer". I am considering the new AVR-1802, and can get it about $125 cheaper including the shipping. Any thoughts would be helpful. Looking at company Let's Go Digital Etc. If you have specific positive encounters please advise.
    Thanks,
    Casey

2. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

I think you'll find that a ton of people have purchased Denons on line. I did (crazy eddie) and would do it again. As a matter of fact, I just ordered a Toshiba 50H81 from Onecall.com and saved about $500 over the lowest local price I could find.
    Brian
    ------------------
    Zed's Dead Baby...

3. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I have no problem with buying online, just be careful who you buy from. Do some research on the company before purchasing from them. I bought my Denon 4800 from Sound Distributors . They were great and I highly recommend them.

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I've bought several pieces of audio and video equipment online and have not had any problems. However, the suggestion to research the company prior to purchasing is a good one. I've tried to stick to sites that have a verifiable track record (i.e. good rating on Yahoo! Shopping, etc.). Also, it's useful if the company has a decent return policy in case you decide you don't like the item, or if it is defective.
    Scott