Online 2K3 league settings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Falasco, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

With so many gameplay options available in 2K3, I think it would be helpful if we drew up a sort of default setting for our league so we are all playing on (forgive the expression) a level playing field. Can we maybe come to a consensus on how we want to set up our online games? That way we won't have gametime arguments over the difficulty settings or the sliders, or performance EQ, etc.

I am assuming that we will be playing 5 minute quarters on pretty much the default pro setting, with performance EQ off. But there was an earlier post that listed alternate settings for the sliders that a lot of people seemed to agree resulted in a better gameplay experience, so maybe we want to use that?

If we get the settings down early, then we can all start practicing with those settings to prepare us for a competitive season. What do you all think?

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I was thinking of 7 min quarters and all other settings at default. 7 minutes gives ME the best statistical results... of course that may be different for everyone else.

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Are we talking nfl 2k3 for ps2? Because if we are then I would like to join the league and I found that 7 min. quarters are the best.

4. Dave Falasco

Sorry, Brett, I should have been more specific: I was talking about the Xbox Live HTF online 2K3 league.

5. Howie D

Howie D Stunt Coordinator

I found 7 minute quarters to be the truest to actual stats. I've set my franchise mode for that as well as some other adjustments. Can you turn of perf. eq. for online play?

6. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I agree, I play with 7 minute quarters as well for the truest experience. Plus, there is a better chance the best player will come out ahead with the additional 8 minutes of playing time.

7. Dave Falasco

8. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Man, I've spent like two hours TOTAL with this game so far. I just literally don't have the time to practice. My wife and I have a baby on the way and it's been nonstop baby this, baby that... the kids not here yet and Im already suffering from lack of free time.
    Im still looking forward to this league starting though. Has the league been detailed yet? We obviously can't have an online league, so is are we responsible for sending in our stats and final scores? Do we just play the person on our schedule when we want or is there going to be any guidelines?

9. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Don't feel bad Rob. I haven't touched NFL2K3 in the last 2 weeks and have only played a total of about 6-7 games. My wife is also pregnant (early months) and I was in a car accident last week that totalled my car and bruised me up pretty good (rolled 3 times). XBox Live won't be here until November so we still have time to practice. [​IMG]

10. BorisM

BorisM Stunt Coordinator