What's new

Onkyo V. the world (1 Viewer)

cabreau

Second Unit
I bet you I have the oldest Onkyo receiver out of all of us. 1979, methinks. It STILL sounds good. :)

Mike^C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just bought a 601 and aching to test it with a full setup. If you check the review on it at audioholics.com the guy drove 4 ohm fronts and 6 ohm rears with it with no problems. It convinced me that this should be a pretty decent receiver.

sabryan

Grip
I got the TXSR-601 Home theater setup last year for Christmas, just awesome, did not have to mess up much with settings, right off the bat the sound was austonding, no matter which mode I switch, I always get excellent pleasing sound.

Today I order the Onkyo TXSR 701 is the one with THX certs, I really do not care much for the THX, as I see many people have different opinions on it, but I get the sense that it is just a badge.

I really care more for the video switching and plenty amount of connectors, since I learned this: if you do not buy a Receiver with enough AV connections, the money you saved at front by buying the cheaper model with less AV and digital connections, you spend it again buying extra cables and adapters to hookup the other components.

All I can say I know I am going to be very happy with the 701, and will continue to buy Onkyo products and advised to others on it.

I agree with the first poster, the reviews on the Onkyo are always excellent, and sincerely, I don't see anyone taking a chance with Onkyo products, being unhappy with that decision

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
Of course my experience only comes from the higher end Onkyo and Integra receivers, (the ones with NetTune), but I seem to remember Onkyo's lower line as far less than their flagships so I am sure my statement (given as my opinion) is true all throughout their line.

The current Onkyo's are even cheaper than their predecessors of a year or two ago. And the lack of power is definitely an issue.
Well, it sounds like you might be judging their new lower end receivers without having tested them. Onkyo has made improvements in the power supplies and components of this year's new lower end models.

The 501 has more than enough power to drive the average set of speakers to loud volumes in a small to medium size room. Sure, I wouldn't use a 501 in a great room, but for a bedroom or smaller setup I have no problems recommending a test drive of the 501.

It's a quality, feature laden receiver at a very affordable price for those looking for a budget HT setup. I'd much rather see people buy a 501 and a nice speaker setup than many of the cheap HTiB setups out there on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks