What's new

Onkyo v/s Polk Audio RM6000 v/s JBL NSP1 (1 Viewer)

joe.a

Auditioning
I'm looking into setting up my first HT. Recvr + Spk
budget is around $500. Based on posts on HT forum and Ckt
City web-site, Onkyo HTIB HTS650 entered my final short-list. Before going for it, I wanted to find out if I could
get an equal or better performance from smaller speakers
(the Onkyo ones that come with HTS650 seem bulky).

Would I get same or better audio quality with Polk RM6000
or JBL NSP1 ?

How does Polk RM6000 compare with JBL NSP1 ?
(Also, what's the difference between Polk RM6000 and RM6005;
JBL NSP1 and NSP1 II ?)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Joe.

Debbie K

Grip
Hi Joe,
We tried the Onkyo speakers you mentioned and were not really happy w/ the clarity, especially the center channel. We then tried the JBL N center (part of the NSP1 package) and it seemed much improved.
I would definitely recommend the NSP1 over the Onkyo speakers but that is just my opinion, of course. We actually ended up w/ the JBL S-center, 2N38's and 2 N24's, (also part of the NSP1 package) and we think it sounds great!
I feel confident you would be happier with the JBL speakers over the Onkyo speakers. Much clearer and less "speaker-y" sounding. :) I am sure that is not an official term.
The dif between the NSP1 and NSP11 is just slight cosmetic difference, the NSP11 is the most recent version. As far as I know, they sound exactly the same.
Sorry don't know about the other speakers you mentioned, maybe someone else does.
Debbie

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator
The NSP1 and NSP1II speakers have the same performance. JBL had to redesign the speaker as the result of a lawsuit (hence the greatly discounted prices).

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks