What's new

Onkyo TXSR805 Compatability Issue (1 Viewer)

Tralis

Grip
Real Name
Dab Brill
I have an HDMI out on my computer. This leads to my receiver, an Onkyo TSR805, and from my receiver to a projector. If I connect the computer to the projector directly there are no video issues at all (there's obvious no audio). When I have my receiver in the middle, necessary to get sound but also convenient since my projector only has 1 HDMI in, then I get a problem. The video is fine if I set my comp to output in 480p, 720p, etc. However if I have a more computer-specific ratio, say 1280 x 768, then the video doesn't get passed through the receiver since it doesn't recognize the resolution. Is there a fix to this? Its important to me since I play games on my AV system, its nice to have the big screen and surround. If I could do so without having to connect and disconnect a bunch of things every time that would be awesome, and also I could use the digital multichannel out on the HDMI along with the audio instead of relying on my CPUs analog multichannel out (since I have to have the HDMI go straight to the projector).

Brent_S

Second Unit
The 805 has a rather basic video chip in it...only offering upscaling/downscaling to 720, and even that's only if you force it via service menu. Most likely, even for HDMI, it'll only accept and pass through standard video resolutions...1920x1080 and 1280x720 sounding like the most relevant to your gear.

For a rather complicated arrangmenet that *might* work. You could put an HDMI switch in front of the projector. Then, use a splitter on your computer to send an HDMI feed to the 805 and another to a port on the switch. You would then connect the 805 to another port on the switch to allow switching of your other HDMI devices through the 805. There's probably a real good chance an HDMI switch will also only accept standard video resolutions, though.

-Brent

Tralis

Grip
Real Name
Dab Brill
There's no way to make it just pass through the signal without worrying about what's in the signal itself? Is there no override to make it pass the signal through even though it thinks there's an error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks