What's new

Onkyo TXDS696 vs. Integra 6.2 (1 Viewer)

Will Pons

Auditioning
I am interested in comparing these two A/V receivers. I have specs on the 696. Can anyone direct me to full specs on the 6.2? The Integra website is not updated with specs (just features), and the brochure Integra just sent me does not have the 5.2 or the 6.2. One reviewer indicated there was a 5 lb. difference in the weight? can anyone confirm that fact? Any facts on comparing the two would be appreciated...listening performance, remote, etc. Thanks for you help.
------------------

Glen_L

Stunt Coordinator
Here is what I got back from Integra on the topic:
quote: The DTR-6.2 has the RS-232 input for control purposes. The internal components on the integra units are slightly more advanced. The Integra units also use gold ends inputs. And last but not least, the Integra units carry a 3 year warranty. The Onkyo units carry a 2 year warranty.[/quote]
They failed to mention that the Integra has two 12 volt trigger terminals. Other Integra niceties according to the manual: a detachable power cord, zone 2 powered line out (as opposed to just speaker connections), multiroom/source capability, and an infrared connection for use with other Onkyo equipment.
The weights and dimensions are darn near identical. The 696: 17-1/8" × 6-7/8" × 16-15/16". The 6.2: 17-1/8" × 6-7/8" × 17". 696: 27.8 lbs. 6.2: 28 lbs. All the specifications in the amplifier, tuner and remote sections are the same.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Looking for the those Integra specs. If anyone has any info, please drop a line here.
[Edited last by Chris PC on August 01, 2001 at 07:30 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread