What's new

Onkyo tx-sr600 vs. tx-sr501 (1 Viewer)

tarek_mt

Auditioning
I can get both the Onkyo tx-sr600 and tx-sr501 at the same price. I never listen to movies or music at high volumes, so the extra power of the 600 isn't of much use to me. My main concern is sound quality. I will use the system mainly for watching DVDs (at least for now), so other features are a plus. Which should I get?

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
You can get them both for the same price? Then go for the 600. It has more power and more features for your money. You would be crazy :crazy: to spend the same money and get the receiver with less power and features.

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Tarek:

Another reason to go with the 600 is that the 501 has only one amplifier for all channels--the 600 has fully discrete amplifiers, a big plus in my book.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same option as you. I choose the sr600. More power and more feature. My sr600 was a dealer demo though. They threw in the 5 year extended warranty :) , so it didn't matter to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks