What's new

Onkyo TX-SR600 Pictures & Specs. (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.crutchfield.com has the pictures, front, back, remote & specs. now up on their website. Just look under "new products" I was diapointed to see that Onkyo was using spring clips for the rear center speaker while all the other speakers have binding posts. What a cheap way to go :thumbsdown: How much money could Onkyo have saved over the posts?

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, also seems to have lost a coax input in exchange for a front-mounted optical in.

Also, they list an adjustable crossover 80-100-120 Hz. Did the 595 have that? That's a nice little feature.

Overall seems like a nice improvement (other than a quibble here and there). They now have a significant feature advantage (on paper) over the Denon 1802.

Anyone know if they improved the programmability of the ProLogic II implementation? That seemed to be one of the 1802's advantages....

Bill Will

Screenwriter
A big Quibble for me is that phono input. Maybe in the next few days Crutchfield will get all of the specs. listed.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
There really isn't MUCH you could get/ask for at this pricepoint. You already get 6 channels and DD-EX/DTS-ES AND Video Switching!

This would be an excellent upgrade for the budget minded with not that much room.

I think it's an EXCELLENT BARGAIN. I wish somebady would do a REVIEW on the SOUND QUALITY for both 2 Channels and the Movie experience.

I'm sure it won't be long now.

Angelo

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
80/100/120 are not a great choice for sub x over. Should have one at least down to 60. Lack of pre-outs is serious because there is no good amp upgrade path. In receivers at this price it is the amps that suffer. You will never get 80 X 6 out of this with all channels driven simultaneously.

Typically, when upgraditis sets in it is the amps, especially for the front 3 channels that people look at.

Artie

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Well preouts would be appropriate at this pricepoint if they want this unit to be a real barn burner in features/price ratio. As it is, it is a great value, but doesn't the Marantz 6200 already have 6.1 at under $500? And the Denon 2802 is right about there as well, at maybe $100 higher street price but with preouts. I do like those Onkyo remotes though compared to the Denons. Will be interesting to see if Onkyo comes out with a 700, 800 unit some time soon. I might target something like 2 notches up from the 600 in the Onkyo line to be my next receiver.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
The Marantz 6200 is about $550, but the 5200 is under $500 street, and has 6.1, DPL-2, and pre-outs. No A-B speakers though.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In receivers at this price it is the amps that suffer. You will never get 80 X 6 out of this with all channels driven simultaneously.
While I agree that amps in this price range do tend to not have the best amps, I also would say that the 595 was one of the better ones at this price. I would have to disagree on the total delivery of power though. While it may not deliver 80x6 all channels driven, driving all channels at full rated power does not happen all or even most of the time. I would expect the 600's amps to be as good or better than the 595.

I have a Marantz SR6200 and I am very pleased with it. The 5200 is 75x6, while the 6200 is 105x6.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
so the specs say it has wideband component inputs, but does anyone know if this will switch between composite/s-video/and component?

muskie

Agent
The 5200 has no phone input but the Dennon 1802 does right? As for preouts does not the Dennon have LCR and sub, I'm not so sure on the Marantz here...

Also what about driving speakers of other then 8 ohms with these three receivers? Dennon's .pdf mentions the power ratings into 6 ohms. I'm going to upgrade my receiver and I've been keeping an eye this price point and these models. What about the HK stuff compared to new Onkyo.

Muskie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks