Onkyo tx-sr600 dealers in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ned, May 15, 2002.

1. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

I've checked Onkyo's dealer listing for Toronto but it's sorely in need of updates. It lists some stores that don't even carry regular Onkyo anymore and a few ripoff custom installer places that quoted ridiculous 1100+ prices when it should be around 750-800. Brack just moved and they don't have it (or much of anything) for the time being. Any other decent Onkyo dealers, preferably in the west end?

2. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

Try Kromer Radio

3. ChrisGlass

ChrisGlass Auditioning

I went to a couple of places last night and both said to wait for another month. I was actually trying to find out about the 700, which probably won't be out for another 2 months[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

I tried HiFi2000 on Dundas and they have 11 units coming in next week. Prices were vague at "$900 or so". Truetone also on Dundas said 2-3 weeks before they have any. $900 seems a tad high considering many people here have gotten it between $400-500 usd - approximately $620-775 cdn.

The guy at HiFi said the price could be negotiated but I have a feeling we're only talking about $50 off at most for a before tax price of ~$850. Kind of high considering even Crutchfield sells it for $499 ($775cdn).

The SR600/700 look like very nice units on paper, hope to see and hear one soon.

5. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

Try "Bracks" on Yonge St. in Thornhill or Audio Excellence

on Bayview north of hwy 7. Bracks has Onkyo and Integras,

Excellence has Onkyo.

6. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Brack in Thornhill only carries Onkyo Integra.
    Audio Excellence says end of the month like pretty much the rest of the stores [​IMG]
    HiFi-2000 looks like the best bet since they have 11 units coming in next week.