What's new

Onkyo TX-SR500 receiver problems (1 Viewer)

Peter_A_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I bought an Onkyo TX-SR500 receiver for my father this past Christmas, but while I was away at school this past semester, he managed to do something with speaker wire connectivity, and since then, the receiver hasn't worked. I'm home now for Thanksgiving, and I can't get it to work either - even after I've disconnected every wire from the back of the receiver, the receiver's power immediately shuts off after I turn the power on.

The troubleshooting guide suggests that the "amplifier protection circuitry has been activated," and that I should "contact my Onkyo Service Center" to remedy this problem. However, I'd like to try to fix this before calling in the repairmen or the warranty people. Can you think of any way I could go about fixing the internal circuitry? I would ask the people in the DIY forum, but hopefully someone here has gone through similar problems and have undertaken similar sounding solutions as well.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving,
Peter

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
A blown fuse? If the machine is still under warranty and requires you to open it, I wouldn't try to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks