What's new

Onkyo... TX-NR901 ... Opinions please?? (1 Viewer)

Sean Mullin

Agent
ONKYO TX-NR901

I have found this reciever for 1140 shipped.. seems awesome to me.. I am really excited about the composite and s-vid to Component vid conversion. Anyone have any opinion of this reciever and it's ability to do the vid conversion? also anyone have an opinion on it's sound and reliability? It has a 2 yr man warrantee which I was also impressed with.. One more thing... anyone have any comparrisons for the price listed with other brands and models like the HK or others?? Thanks in advance.

Sean

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
The Onkyo sound is awesome. Very "neutral". Wolfson DACs (as in the Onkyo) are also used by Arcam.

I see referbed 801s going for under $500 (ecost). Do you really need the extra features?

Expect to see an 802 and a 902 soon. Or at least, an announcement at CEDIA. I suspect i-link to be on either the 802 or 902.

Sean Mullin

Agent
well thanks for the inputs... I wanted to go with the 901 because of the s-vid to component vid conversion.. and it seems to be the bottom step in Onkyo that has that feature.. so likely some of the other features will be wasted.. well... all but the power... (I love my music Loud!!) but then I can eliminate a bunch of vid source switching that drives my wife crazy when she wants to use my current rig.

Sean Mullin

Agent
it says 1499, but if you add it to your cart is is actually the price quoted here... an awesome deal as far as I can tell.. but I was wondering if anyone knows about it's vid conversion abilities from s-vid to component. and any suggestions about other brands having that feature for the same monies or less

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator

what about the vid conversions abilities from s-vid to component?
does it not have something?

Sean Mullin

Agent
the two prices listed here are for NEW items.. with 2 yr parts and labor. both authorized dealers.

now back to the vid conversion. I know this unit does the s-vid to component conversion. anyone have experience with this unit and the vid quality that is produced when the unit converts the vid?

are there any other brands of units comparable to this one that has that capability and simular power and other bells and whistles?

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator

good question...I dont have a clue !!

maybe someone can fill us in on it ???

I did email ecost and asked them if it was new or a refurb. My response:
Hello,
This is an new item.
Thank you for shopping eCost .com

Timika Johnson
Customer Service Representative

Sean Mullin

Agent
thanks Rob... however I expected that actually.. but I was wondering if there was any losses during the conversion.. or anomylis (sp?) types of things during the conversion. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks