Onkyo TX-NR900

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichelVdb, Feb 21, 2003.

1. MichelVdb

MichelVdb Auditioning

Anyone has experience to share with this unit ? I'm considering buying it.
    Tks

2. Bill Prince

Bill Prince Agent

Unless you are really interested in the radio aspect of the receiver I would go for the 800. Less expensive and basically the same bang for the buck.

3. Chuck Watwood

Chuck Watwood Stunt Coordinator

I purchased the Onkyo TXSR-800 about 5 months ago. I have been extremely happy with it. I haven't experienced any dropouts, clicks, etc, as reported with other Onkyo units. I have also been happy with the power output of the internal amps. I play my HT at reference level and slightly above sometimes. Sound quality is excellent, sharp, and detailed to my ears. I have found the Onkyo to be a great receiver for the money. Many on these boards hammer Onkyo products. (mostly the less expensive Onkyo models) I have had good experiences with Onkyo and would buy again.

4. MichelVdb

MichelVdb Auditioning

Tks for he advices.

5. CharlesKT

CharlesKT Auditioning

I saw one of your posts on hometheaterforums.com - you seem like the guy that can answer my question. I really want to purchse the TX-NR900 system but I have quesitons regarding:
    A. Is it powerfull enough?
    B. Does Net-tuen actully work?
    Im more concerned with the Net-tune feature becasue this is what is really driving me to purchse this model but I have heard some very negative reviews. If you get a chance any info and pricing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Chuck