Onkyo TX-DS787 for sale...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AllenD, Jan 11, 2002.

1. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I don't have PayPal so a check, money order preferred, for $650 delivers an Onkyo TX-DS787 to your door, double boxed. I'll consider local purchase over the mail since I'll discount the unit minus shipping. I've had the refurb unit since April of 2001. The unit is in near excellent condition with very, very minor scratches to the front display. Those scratches are on the bottom of the glass which is not visible from the front view. I'll email a pic if you like but will not be of high quality since I don't have a digital camera, only a DV camcorder. The previous owner decided to mark the volume knob with a small scratch as an indicator. All else is great.
    The unit went into protect mode and would shut off back in November but I've since had it repaired at an Onkyo certified service shop. I've had the unit back in my rack since December to make sure everything is working fine, and it is. It has not gone into protect mode since I've had the unit back in the rack. I've watched 2-4 movies a week since being repaired. I've never pushed the unit past -10dBs (75dBs on the Radio Shack SPL meter) ever. It's an outstanding unit which drives my Paradigm Monitors loudly which I can only stand at said levels. I upgraded to an Integra 7.2 for the Y/C separator, DPL2, DTS NEO, and discrete DTS-ES.
    Click on Features and Specs to see what the unit is capable of. Email me at [email protected]

2. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Any reasonable offers?

3. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

How about a trade? I'll take a working HiPix DTV-200, w/all software and documentation intact for my 787. I'd really like to be able to record OTA HD. Here's where you can get the HiPix if you don't have one on hand to trade: Digital Connection. Here's another perk for the trade: you won't have to pay for shipping. I can drive to DC and pick it up instead of you paying for s/h. I can then ship the 787 to you at my cost. Any takers.....

4. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

bump...

FYI: The unit is also ideal as a pre/pro so you can play back THX-EX and matrixed DTS-ES...