1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Onkyo TX-DS595 code for 15-1994 remote?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Anderson, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

So I finally got around to ordering my TX-DS595 today ($359.99 from J&R). While I know that it comes with a snazzy learning remote, I'm really fond of my Radio Shack 15-1994 and I hope to continue using it. Does anyone know if any of the codes for older Onkyo units work for the 595? I really don't want to have to sit there and learn all the buttons (and I don't know how much memory I have left in the thing, although I'm using advanced codes for all but one or two buttons).
    Anyone using a 15-1994 with the new Onkyos?

2. Chris Lana

Chris Lana Extra

Jeremy,
    Go towww.remotecentral.com which has hundreds of posts on the 15-1994. I had some problems w/my HK CD Recorder and found the folks there as helpful as those here...
    Chris

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

My Cinema 6 (nearly the same thing) had a code for my 575. But it didn't come close to controlling everything. I needed to learn about 9 keys [​IMG]

4. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I use code 0135 for my Onkyo 595. The real sticking point is the discrete on and off codes. I use Advanced Code 180 for ON and had to learn the OFF function to get it to work properly. Hope this helps.

5. KeithA

KeithA Extra

I use the 15-1994 with the 595... I had to "learn" the standby button, the DVD input select, and few more minor keys. Otherwise, it works well. The 15-1994 sends out a much stronger beam than does the 595 included remote. My receiver is placed behind my seating area and it's nice to be able to bounce the beam off my screen rather than point the remote backwards...

6. Jeremy Anderson

Thanks for all the responses... At least now I know that it's possible, although it ought to be fun to get my macros set back up. I think I'm just gonna' erase the memory and reprogram everything from scratch anyway.

7. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I know I've beat this subject to death but if you're a fan of the RS 15-1994 or One For All Cinema 7 remotes and want to get the most out of them then you really need to check out the posts and files athttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1 to learn how to make a remote/PC interface for just a few bucks that will let you add all sorts of new functionality and save and tweak your remote control configurations. Makes adding new equipment and changing macros a breeze.

8. Jeremy Anderson

Well, I got the 595, and I have everything working on the 15-1994 EXCEPT the standby button. Everything else I was able to learn by pointing the remotes at each other, but for some reason the standby button just won't learn.