What's new

Onkyo ticking defect - does it happen on the Integras? (1 Viewer)

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I was originally hoping to buy an Onkyo receiver soon, but after hearing about the ticking sound after a few months, I've been scared away. I know a lot of people don't have the ticking problem with the Onkyos but I hear its about a 50% chance. Too much for me.

Do the integras have these issues too? If not, maybe spending the extra money would be worth a 7.2 or 8.2.

bruce townley

Stunt Coordinator
I have the integra 7.2. Atlantis works fine. Pearl Harbor works fine. Have not tried JP III (this is regarding the dreaded audio drop out) I have not had any ticking problems.

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
Bruce -

How old is your Integra? I thought that none of the new Integras could play Atlantis or Pearl Harbor in Dolby Digital without the dropouts. Has this problem been fixed with the newer shipments???

bruce townley

Stunt Coordinator
It is only two (2) months old. In the box the first paper you see is a warning about Atlantis, PH, JPIII not playing. Kids watched Atlantis with no problem. Sat through 1/2 hour of PH on DD, no problem. (I prefer DTS anyway, so I was not considering a big loss if it did have drops) As I say, did not try JPIII

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks