What's new

Onkyo SR806 (1 Viewer)

JW3571

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathan
After doing some research it appears this receiver is the best bang for the buck. A lot of people appear to be having problems with blue dots when upscaling. Does everyone have problems with that? Are there other recievers I should be looking at? Most other receivers in the $700 price range don't have the specs of SR806.

Also, how does the ipod hookup work on this unit. Can you control the ipod with the receiver remote? Can I change tracks with the remote or do you still have to control everything with the ipod?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I can not comment on the iPod integration but I can say I've not seen any blue dot's upconverting anything.

You can see in my signature the hardware I run, and I have no issues with dots of any color, or anything else.

I think for the money it's a fantastic receiver.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I have the 805. The biggest difference is the 806 is supposed to have a better video chip, so does better upscaling. I can't really say for sure. I don't have the type of tv to upscale to (yet), and I've not been around an 806.
I like my 805 a lot. Can't wait to get HDTV and Blu ray. :D
It's hard to beat Onkyo, with "bang for the buck".

Oh yeah............ during initial setup of the receiver, it gives an option to setup for 4 ohm speakers. This is in my 805. I'm taking it for granted, it's in the 806 too. So, you should be able to hookup almost any speaker you want to, and not worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks