What's new

Onkyo SR602 Setup question (1 Viewer)

Blain

Auditioning
I just got a Onkyo SR602 and set it up this evening. So far so good except I can't get the onscreen menu to work.

I have component OUT going to the Component IN (1) on my TV. I have component IN coming into the receiver from my DVD.

I can watch DVDs on my TV, so I know it's not a wiring mistake. The troubleshooting guide mentions changing OSD to interlaced. Been there done that. I'm stuck.

I even ran a S-Video (VID2 OUT) to my TV front (VID4) and switched the TV to VID4, the Onkyo to Vid2, and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Joe*H

Stunt Coordinator
I think that the osm dont work unless you use the standard video yellow output. I know that on my hk 330 thats the way it is, wont work with the s-video and other video set ups. try useing a diff input on the tv and a single standard video output from the receiver.

Blain

Auditioning
I'm beat tonight, but I'll try that in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion, and I'll post whether or not that did the trick tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Blain

Auditioning
Hooked up Video 2 OUT with a yellow cable, and Connected it to Video 3 in on my TV. Switched the set to VID 3 and still selected setup on the receiver and still no luck. :frowning:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You have to use the Monitor Out to get OSD; it doesn't work on any of the other outputs.

Blain

Auditioning
John,

I just looked at my directions again, and I totally missed that last night! Thank you very much for your reply..... Off to fix this setup now!

Thanks again,
Blain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks