Onkyo sr600 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JauCheeze, Nov 20, 2002.

1. JauCheeze

JauCheeze Stunt Coordinator

i have a onkyo sr600, w/ a 5.1 setup. Why is it that when i play stereo sources, there is nothing coming from the sub. Its not in direct mode, and i've tried playing the music thru various dsp's, dpl II, but nothing from the sub. The sub works fine when i play dvd's, but nothing from cd's? Are there some settings i need to change to make this work? please help me i tried everything

thank you

2. BobAZ

BobAZ Stunt Coordinator

I have a SR600 on the way so I am also interested.

JauCheeze, give some details on your connections. Coax to sub for LFE? Line level inputs (wires from rcvr L/R to sub to L/R spkrs?

3. JauCheeze

JauCheeze Stunt Coordinator

I use the subwoofer preout from the receiver to my sub's direct connection

4. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

The 600 (as well as most other Onkyo receivers) has the option to send the Sub signal out to all Analog modes and DSP's except Direct (which is Stereo with minimal filtration). For DD and DTS (DVD) it is ON all the time if you have said YES to a sub.

You need to go into your Audio Adjust Menu and set the Subwoofer (Analog/PCM) to ON - it should have been set to ON as default, but perhaps yours got changed. Don't confuse this with the Speaker Config Menu where you have set your Subwoofer to YES.

Check on pages 57 through 59 of your Manual.

Hope this helps