Onkyo SR600 for $299.99 at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan Hartnett, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Evan Hartnett

Evan Hartnett Stunt Coordinator

I saw this over on DVDTalk and thought I should share. Circuit CIty sent out a flyer for their Christmas specials with the SR600 labeled with the price for the 500 model. I just got back from Circuit City - I showed the manager the ad and he had no problem selling it for that price (but I think I'll be the only one getting it at that store...). If you're looking for a new receiver it's worth a try, it might not work but there's a chance.

2. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

There's a huge thread about this over at Fat Wallet in the Hot Deals forum. People are saying now that CC has a sign next to the receiver saying "Sorry for the misprint". How deal for those who were able to cash in early.

Still a possibility for a AmEx BVG!
    Congrats on your score.

Aaron

3. Rich Chiavaroli

Rich Chiavaroli Stunt Coordinator

Don't they still have to honor it since they advertised it?

4. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

What are the prices for the units? I remember back when the Onkyo 838 came out, I negotiated them down from $1500 to $1150 with free 1 year financing.

5. Rob TT

Rob TT Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if you could get someone to pricematch it???

6. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

A while back I got my onkyo 600 for $399 because someone was
    nice enough to fax me a copy of there receipt and the store matched it even know it was a different cc location. If you can get the 299 receipt they should have to match it....skip talking to the sales people and go to the store manager.
    That is what I had to do to get mine for $399....I still have that receipt if anyone is interested.....
    If you look on there internet site it says the following:
    On-line Low Price Guarantee (for purchases made on circuitcity.com)
    Nothing's worse than paying too much. That's why we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy at Circuit City. If you've seen a lower price from a local store stocking the same item, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly refund 110% of the difference between our price and theirs. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower price within 30 days, including our own sale prices, we'll refund 110 % of the difference. We're with you!
    Although we don't match mail order or Internet retailer prices, one of the benefits of selecting our Express Pickup option is that you'll always get a great deal. On the day you pick up your purchase, we'll compare your on-line purchase price with the price at the designated Circuit City store and you'll receive the lower price. Any difference will automatically be refunded to your original pay type.
    On-line Low Price Guarantee (for purchases made on circuitcity.com)