1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Onkyo S755DVC thoughts and reviews

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kurt_U, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Kurt_U

Kurt_U Agent

I think I am going to get Onkyo's S755DVC system
    http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=...ss=minisys&p=i
    Cnet review
    http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...1.html?tag=rev
    I know most of the time it is better to buy components seperately if you're going to spend more than $400 or so, but Cnet and Consumer Reports both give this one marks higher than seperate component systems. Also, there reviews are based on the list price of $1,000. While this is what most people price it as, I can get it for $849 no tax and free shipping.
    What are your thoughts on the system?

2. Steve Charo

Steve Charo Auditioning

i don't know if it means crap to you or not but i have the 655 and i love it..just my .02 [​IMG]

3. Doug Kaminski

Doug Kaminski Auditioning

HI Kurt
    I was going to get that system for my bedroom, But wound up
    with the Onkoy hts-650. I have a panny DVD player already
    My friend has this system your referring to as a second
    system for his recroom and its KILLER for the money.
    I have the 650 purched it from Onkyo online refurbished
    329.00 plus tax No shipping. I read a lot of reviews on
    both systems I just hooked up my system yesterday and it
    sounds awsome. I also own other onkyo equipment and have
    for years. So in my opinion i would say go for it.

4. Kurt_U

Kurt_U Agent

Thanks for the responses, I feel a little better after hearing some positive personal views. I ordered it on Tuesday and got it at th $849 price. It is back-ordered until mid next week, but will be sent out via truck carrier on Thursday. I always get a little nervous when I make an electronic purchase.
    Now, I just need to remeasure my room for wires -- ohh, here comes another bought of anxiety. Just kidding, I like messing with everything, but it is just one of those areas in my life that I second guess choices a lot.
    FYI: I ordered the system from Sound City - http://www.soundcity.com They have it listed as $1000 on the site but gave me a much better price when I emailed them. The rep I spoke to was at 800 888 5343 x701 and was overly helpful. Don't know how they'll be on other items, but the reviews on several online sites sounded good for them.

5. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I have the speaker system/set that comes with the HT-650 (available separately - Model SKSHT-500) and am very happy with their performance for the price. I'm not sure if these are the same speakers that come with the other Onkyo HTIBs.

Just don't use the speaker wire that comes with the speakers. The quality of the wire just isn't very good.