Onkyo Remote Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Aaron_R_B, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Aaron_R_B

Aaron_R_B Extra

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this post ...
    I'm not sure of the cause, but my Onkyo RC-391M remote stopped functioning normally. Every time a button is depressed, the send/learn light flashes repeatedly as if the button's function is unknown. I tried to reset the remote back to company defaults according to the manual's instructions, but nothing changed. (Yes, the batteries have been replaced.) Any Onkyo owners out there with any advice? (Besides purchasing a new receiver, that is.) Thank you.

2. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    No need to get as drastic as replacing the receiver. I’m sure Onkyo can sell you a replacement remote. It won’t be cheap, but it’ll be much more cost effective than a new receiver.

You might try the universal route that Dick recommended, which will be cheaper than an Onkyo remote. But it might not have all the controls of the original – and you won’t be able to “teach” it codes if your original isn’t working.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Aaron_R_B

Aaron_R_B Extra

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am aware of the universal remote option. (I'm not seriously contemplating the purchase of a new receiver. Well, not because of the loss of remote, at least. I was just throwing that bit out there for those who would suggest the receiver is crap and should be changed anyway.) I guess I should have been more specific. I should have asked if anyone had experienced a similar situation and been able to remedy it ... anyone? Thanks again.