What's new

Onkyo Reciever and Jamo Apollo suggestions... (1 Viewer)

Bill Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
Well this is what I'm concidering doing, I'm hopping you all can push me in the right direction...

First off, I am looking into getting the either the Jamo A310.PDD.3 or the A330.PDD.3 system... The A310.PDD.3 is sold locally for $699 and the A330.PDD.3 is $999... Well I found the A310.PDD.3 online for $495.00 and the A330.PDD.3 (old model without wide center channel) for $610.00 is online a good idea? Anyone know if Jamo honors the Warranty if I buy online? If I am 100% that I like the speakers should I just get them and don't look back...

Second, I am looking at two recievers... The Kenwood VR-509 and the Onkyo 595... The Onkyo isn't as pretty and doesn't have the component video inputs (not that I need them), is only 75x5 watts (versus 100x5), but is really built like a tank... I sampled the Jamo's on the Onkyo, and they do sound really good...

The Kenwood is sold locally for $299 and the Onkyo is sold locally for $429 to $499...

Please give me some suggetions...

Jamo's nice? I liked them?

Kenwoods good? I have one that is 12 years old and still working great...

Onkyo good? Don't know, never owned one!

Thanks for any advice...

Bill

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Jamo makes a very nice speaker, I believe they are made in Demark(?).

Anyway I am very impressed with Jamo, but I really can't tell you about online warranty issues.

Both the Onkyo and Kenwood are good machines and this is something you will have to decide on your own, depending on your needs.

The Kenwood 509 is very capable and is loaded for the price, and as you have found out already Kenwoods are very reliable!

OTOH Onkyo is also a quality receiver, very good internals, even if they aren't that pretty.

I say go for it with the Jamo's, and at least see if you can get an audition with the Kenwood driving the Jamo's!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks