What's new

onkyo receiver (1 Viewer)

vinceQ

Auditioning
I've got this Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver. It's got these composite video inputs and outputs. If I run an HD signal through the receiver (either 720p/1080i) will the receiver dumb down the signal or just pass it through unaltered?

~v1_

I think I read somewhere that Sony really overinflates their power ratings, I saw a chart once with the manufacturer's posted power ratings, and then the actual tested power ratings, but I can't find it now.

DougR

Second Unit
It won't pass a HD Signal going thru the Composite. Component but not Composite.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
which is neither here nor there. The ability of a receiver to switch video without attendant signal degradation is related to the bandwidth. Both 720p and 1080i require 37 MHz. 480p requires 13.5 MHz.

Your receiver's component connections are rated to 50 MHz, which might be enough for your purposes--but other sources suggest using components and wirings rated to several times this bandwidth requirement. Try it, and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks