What's new

Onkyo receiver questions (1 Viewer)

Carl Z

Auditioning
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have found this site to be the best source for information on the internet!I just have a few basic questions. I have an Onkyo TX-SV535 receiver and just received my SVS sub yesturday.

1. How do I switch my speakers to "small" from the receiver? I read the manual but nothing was mentioned.

2. I just purchased an SPL meter from RadioShack. How do I adjust the volume level of the Rt. and Lt. front speakers separetly? Do I use the balance and adjust it with the master volume? The remote allows you to separetly adjust the center and side speakers but not the front.

Thank-you.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi carl -

welcome to htf!

i have an older 646, so the receivers are probably comparable. at least in my case, i can tell my receiver (via on-screen menu or from the front-panel) to set my speakers to large or small. it also has a subwoofer on/off setting. i would think (but am not sure) that your onkyo should be similar.

for your second question you're right on the money. if your receiver cannot independently calibrate your left/right, then you should use the balance controls to compensate. do your mains with your master volume, then use the receiver to "fine tune" the center and rear speakers.

good luck!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i didn't think that small/large had anything to do with a receivers dd/dts capability?

i thought it only had to do with where to send the lower-frequencies (aka sub)???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks