Onkyo Qs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon_M_S, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Brandon_M_S

Brandon_M_S Agent

My question is if Onkyo's can be run at 4 ohms? if not, i will run the reciever at 6ohms, and then would 105w be enough for a tower with a 10", 6", and tweet? peerless woofers and morel tweet (not 100% on the speakers setup yet). I'm looking at the Onkyo TX-SR600, but if its not 4ohm stable and 105w wouldn't been enough power, i'll step down to the TX-SR500, save at least 100 bux and put that to a seperate amp for the towers.
    [​IMG]
    brandon

2. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I'm not sure but if you go to www.onkyousa.com you can download the manual for free. I'm pretty sure it will answer your question in there.

3. Brandon_M_S

Brandon_M_S Agent

well, the site doesn't state if its 4ohm stable, just gives 4ohm wattage, but who knows if that measn its 4ohm stable, and as far as the wattage to towers, just wondering if roughly 100 watts is enough for a tower setup, or if i should go get an external amplifier.
    [​IMG]
    brandon

4. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Brandon,

Are you talking full HT setup here or just 2 channel? In 2 channel the 600 would certainly deliver sufficient power and stability at low impedance. But in multi-channel no Onkyo at that price class is going to deliver anything like 100Wx5 or 6 channels at any impedance. Do a search on the 600 here and see for yourself.