Onkyo HT-R510 not passing HDTV

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DanHal, Jan 1, 2006.

1. DanHal

DanHal Stunt Coordinator

Happy New Year all! I just recently started having a problem with my Onkyo R510 and several of my components. First I'll give you a little background on my setup. I have all my components going through the reciever with one component cable going to my television. I have a DVD player hooked up via HDMI, an OTA reciever via component, and an Xbox 360 via component. All the sound is handle via optical.

I was trying watch a little OTA HDTV on my system and I switched the inputs as usual, sound was present but no picture. Tried with the Xbox as well, same issue. This was funny since I've never had any issues with this before. I did some checking, and everything looked fine, so I finally just hooked the Xbox 360 directly up to the television and bypassed the video switching portion of the Onkyo itself and like magic, I had picture now.

My question, is there a way to definately test to see if somehow, someway, the switching portion of my reciever went bad. Is this even possible?

Thanks for all your help!

2. DanHal

DanHal Stunt Coordinator

Anyone offer some helpful advice? I'm stuck. . .

3. John S

John S Producer

Make sure a setting isn't set that shuts off all video processng. It is available on quite a few AVR's and such.

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Check all your settings again. Something might have changed the component input assignments.

5. DanHal

DanHal Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I will have to double check everything. I can't imagine changing any of the settings since it stop working. Nor do I even remember a feature that may shut off the video section of the receiver or re-assign it. I guess I'll have to go digging through my pile of manuals again. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Dan