ONKYO HT-650 help!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by David Cheng, Aug 15, 2003.

1. David Cheng

David Cheng Auditioning

hi all,

i purchased the onkyo home theatre setup for my room (replacing computer speakers) but i thought the upgrade was subtle and not as impactful as anticipated.

right now my setup is computer digital out -> receiver -> all standard cables that came with the box -> speakers/woofer.

my roommate suggested that the cables should probably be replaced with higher quality ones, but i'm totally clueless as to whether this will make a big difference and if that is enough to improve the sound.

i'm looking for anybody who can help me out, perhaps giving me specific items that i should buy from certain websites. if you own this particular setup and have configured it to your liking, please do share! [​IMG]

thanks in advance.

2. JerryCulp

JerryCulp Stunt Coordinator

What part is lacking? Bass, volume, etc..

One thing that comes to mind is what kind of freq response does you pc sound chip have?

3. Shaun Graham

Shaun Graham Agent

First you're going to want to upgrade that speaker wire...the stuff that comes with the system is crap. I have the same system and bought 50 ft of 14 gague wire at Home Depot for $10, and the sound improvement is evident. As for the other interconnects, there are people on these forums that swear by them, but with a low end system like this I'd guess those wouldn't matter that much.