Onkyo Home Theater 760

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by SeanGA, Jul 2, 2003.

1. SeanGA

SeanGA Auditioning

Whats up everyone. I'm new to this forum and home audio systems. I'm looking at the Onkyo 760 Home Theater in a Box and was just wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on the system. It will be placed in a very small room and I will be using it to watch movies and listen to music. I'm not looking for a specific sound, I just want a good sounding system that will compliment DVD's and music. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. JerryCulp

JerryCulp Stunt Coordinator

It does sound good.

You can look at this way, the 760 is a $300 receiver with a $200 speaker set.

It's got lots of good clean power for a small to mormal sized room, and a powered subwoofer that will shake the room.

For $500 I cant imagine there is anything better on the market.

3. SeanGA

SeanGA Auditioning

Thanks for the help! Its really appreciated. Anyone else have a view or complaints about the system?

4. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

I think you'll be happy with that purchase. The Onkyo HTIB's are highly regarded in this forum and others. I havent seen any complaints about it. It seems to be a popular choice for those just starting out, have a smaller size room or on a tight budget.
    Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!!

5. KrishnaP

KrishnaP Extra

check out http://www.shoponkyo.com. If you register(free), you get club prices on some web specials and these things come for good deals time to time.

6. Tony_W_V

Tony_W_V Auditioning

SeanGA,

I own the 760 and I'm very pleased with the system. You can't beat the system for 500 dollars. If you do purchase the 760, buy descent speaker wire. The wire included with the system isn't very good. If your sub will be more than ten feet from the receiver you'll need a longer cable.

Tony_WV

7. ThomasTu

ThomasTu Extra

I did not purchase the HTB 760, but I did purchase the the HTB 650, which is very similar. The HTB 650 sounds great, actually it sounds better than I expected. The subwoofer, front, rear, and center channel speakers are all very well made (compared to other home theaters in a box), with real MDF construction, real powered subwoofer, and actual onkyo line up receiver.

The entire package is really surprising. I went from a Harman Kardon AVR-525 based mid-end 7.1 system down to this system and I must say that this system has not been a significant downgrade. I am more than satisfied.