What's new

Onkyo DVCP702 (1 Viewer)

Troy_H

Auditioning
Real Name
Troy Hasenohrl
Anyone have any comments on this player? I'm currently looking at it to replace my old 5-disc CD player and single disc DVD.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I have the 701...don't know what the "2" dnotes over the "1"...It has been a great player for 4+ years. Great progressive picture over my previous Philips 30" CRT... and quite nice on my new Samsung DLP. (I have noted some macroblocking issues, that I have almost eliminated through calibration...but what DLP doesn't?) The optical out sends a fantasic clear signal to my DTS decoder and my receiver. (I previously had no clue that the digital signal was such a marked improvement over rca's.) There is very good separation over all channels including LFE. The remote is kinda crowded and small with tiny buttons...no lights, but it is a small matter. Operation is smooth, the carousel is quiet and you can change all 5 other discs while the sixth is playing. I have not tried mp3 playback, not sure if mine even will... I have done a couple slideshows from my folks trip to Alaska... That was kinda slow, due, I think to the size of the files. Video playback settings have separate color tone settings for interlaced and progressive...3 each, I think...for precise calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks