What's new

Onkyo DVCP500 Progressive scan 5 Disc DVD Changer - Regular $299, now $99! (1 Viewer)

Chris_Wood

Auditioning
What is the word on this player?

My wife wanted some kind of CD changer for our livingroom, so I ordered one of these.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
This is a "factory renewed" player, meaning refurbished. It's a hell of a deal, though.

Thomas_J

Auditioning
I hope its a good deal-ordered one myself today-to replace a Sony carousel CD player that no longer reads discs.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
OK - Out of the box, looks perfect, just a slight dimple in the sheet metal where it mates up to the front panel - not visible without close inspection. Remote and manual are new.

Runs fine - I'll watch a few of my greatest hits and see how it compares against my 4-5 year old Sony DVP-S300.

This will also be the first time I have EVER heard dts in the home...

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Colin,
I'm willing to be that you'll get your 100 bucks worth when you use it in progressive mode. If you have any buddies that have a tv that can take a progressive scan signal, you may hook it up and see something that you like quite a bit. My early Toshiba is very sharp and had the jaggies but through component cables and through the tv's line doubler on my 55" HD, it looks much improved. I'm sure your player will look even better w/ prog hook up.

Good Luck,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks