What's new

ONKYO DV800 SACD/DVD-Audio For SALE!!! (2 Viewers)

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I'm going back to vinyl and am going to stick with my rp-82. This is just months old and has been kept in bell'o rack. Perfect condition with original box,manual and crutchfield reciept for warranty coverage.
The rest of the world is just now discovering what we've known for awhile: Onkyo's top-of-the-line player is a killer! In the February 2003 issue of Home Theater, reviewer Chris Lewis admired the DV-SP800's flexibility and fine video and audio performance: "The player's [picture] resolution was outstanding — probably the best I've seen from a player anywhere around this price."

Audiophiles who want to enjoy thrilling multichannel music on SACD and DVD-Audio discs no longer need to buy two separate players. Onkyo's DV-SP800 is our first "universal" player with SACD and DVD-Audio capability! The increased realism of SACD and DVD-Audio discs isn't only due to their capacity for additional channels (up to six). Each channel offers significantly higher resolution than on a standard CD. And if you don't have a surround sound setup, you can still enjoy the many SACD and DVD-Audio titles with high-res stereo mixes. What a treat to hear CCR's rockin' Cosmo's Factory on SACD, then follow it with the Ray Brown Trio's Soular Energy DVD-Audio in ultra-high-res 192kHz/24-bit 2-channel mode.

Audio purists who want to hear every delicate detail can opt to switch off the video circuitry and fluorescent display to eliminate potential low-level interference when listening to music discs. Another bonus for music lovers is the headphone jack with volume control — a really useful feature that's nearly extinct on current DVD players.

The DV-SP800 is THX® Ultra certified, meeting Lucasfilm Ltd.'s super-strict standards for accurate home theater sound. It has built-in multichannel decoding for Dolby® Digital and DTS®. Since you'll be using the DV-SP800's 5.1-channel output to connect to your A/V receiver anyway (it's the only way to hear multichannel music on SACD and DVD-Audio), you can simplify setup by letting the player decode both music and movies.

As mentioned above, the DV-SP800's DVD picture quality is spectacular, thanks to selectable interlaced/progressive-scan output and ultra-precise video processing circuitry, including a 108MHz/12-bit video D/A converter. All this audio/video performance is encased in an anti-resonant steel case. With its well-designed controls, learning remote, and cool blue front-panel lighting, Onkyo's DV-SP800 is destined to be a movie (and music) star!

Key Features:
THX Ultra certified
plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, and Video CD
plays SACD, DVD-Audio, CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
108MHz/12-bit video D/A converter
selectable interlaced/progressive-scan component video output
(progressive-scan requires an HD-compatible TV)
de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing
built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoding with 5.1-channel output
bass management for Dolby Digital, DTS, and SACD
2 optical and 1 coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
(96kHz/24-bit-capable)
2 sets of A/V outputs (2 composite, 2 S-video, and 1 480i/480p component video)
headphone jack with volume control
multibrand learning remote
Direct Digital Path
192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converters
audio S/N ratio 118 dB
17-1/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 13-1/2"D
warranty: 1 year parts and labor
designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs

$800 shipped in the USA:star:Reduced 750.oo shipped or BO

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
I feel your pain, I had a rough time selling my Yamaha S2300 here and avsforum. Posted on Audiogon and sold it within a week. Give it a try, goodluck.

Bump for ya!

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Man...sucks to see what you haven't been able to sell it yet. I would love to have a player like this, but wouldn't be able to afford it for another half year, probably.

Good luck Jeff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks