What's new

onkyo dv-s555 DVD...should I buy or not? (1 Viewer)

William J Hudson

Auditioning
Ok, would anybody care to persuade/dissuade me with regards to purchasing this player? Any owners have any particular likes/dislikes with this player?
A little background...this is my first attempt at a home theater setup. Here's what I got: a 27" TV (this is the weakest link, and there's no plans to upgrade this within the next 12 months unfortunately), Paradigm speakers (Atoms for fronts, cc170 center, pdr10 sub, adp170 surround), and I'm looking at getting an Onkyo DS595 receiver. I thought the Onkyo DVD player seemed like a good choice to go along with the Onkyo receiver. Well, that's the receiver and DVD player that I'm leaning towards at the moment, but it's not set in stone, so please, feel free to persuade me otherwise if you think another receiver/dvd-player combo would be better for me.
Thanks for any and all input. It is most appreciated.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
How much are you getting this product for? I own the Onkyo DVM-301 and the 898 receiver and am very happy with both the products. I do believe that you might look at Panasonic or JVC with similar features for a better price though. The Panny RV-31(?) is selling for about $165 which is a good buy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks