What's new

Onkyo DV-BD507 BluRay Player Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

rjones02

Grip
Real Name
Bobby
Does anybody have any comments on this player, or experience using it? The reviews are kind of scarce out there.

The reason i ask, is because i'm buying an onkyo TX-NR807 AVR from crutchfield, and i can add on the DV-BD507 for $100. Basically $300 off their normal price.

I'm mostly concerned with SD DVD upscaling. I'm researching which BD player to add to my system, and i'm stuck between the Oppo and the LG BD390.

Having the LG's streaming capabilities would be nice, but i like the reviews of the oppos upscaling abilities.

Thanks for any input...

Bobby

dobbu

Grip
Real Name
Venkatesh Natarajan
hi - i am evaluating the same option; what did you end up with? did you like it? please let me know.

rjones02

Grip
Real Name
Bobby
Hey Ed -

Well, an update...I bought the TX-NR807 from abt. paid 800. bought the samsung PN58b860 for 2099 at a local store (LOVING it), and i went with a Samsung bdp1600 bluray. (i know it's not the oppo...but i went with a cheap replacement until i can afford to buy it). Between those purchases and other crap...yikes, i've spent some money recently.

To answer your question on speakers, i have the 600 S3 series from B&W from years back. They sound great...

As for Pink Floyd, probably my favorite band of all time next to the Allman Bro's. Dark Side is AMAZING!, top three album ever Don't have any SACD's, but i would buy that album in that format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks