Onkyo DS797 Question

Chris_Cham

Auditioning
I've had the DS797 for awhile but have been using a SDTV. In the upcoming months I play on buying a HDTV. If I run component cables from my XBOX 360 and HD cable box into the receiver than out to the HDTV will it still maintain the correct signal? For example, if the cable box is outputting a 1080i signal will the signal still be 1080i when passed through the receiver to the HDTV? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob Br

Agent

Chris,

I am still using my 5 year old 898. While I cannot answer your question directly, here is what I am doing. I am taking the video feed (HDMI) directly from the device output(s) to the TV input(s). You could also use component feed the same way. The audio feed (optical) from the devices is sent to the receiver's input. This way I have no change to the video signal and the sound comes through my HT setup
. You just need to verify how many and what type of inputs would be available on your new TV. Maybe you could hook up the 1080 sources to the tv and others through the receiver.

Glen B

Agent

Ditto here. I am doing the same with my DS696. HDMI video directly to the TV and optical audio to the receiver. I also feed the component video and analog audio to the TV for times when I want to view TV programs I've recorded to DVD-R/DVD-RAM and don't need surround sound.

Glen

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike