What's new

Onkyo Customer Support = poor (1 Viewer)

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine recently purchased a floor model Onkyo MB-S1. This unit has a buitl in HD and can rip CD's to mp3's and play them back as well. You can also connect it to a PC and transfer files between the two. However, the unit did not come with the CD that contained the Windows drivers. I was able to find the actual software for connecting the two, but alas, no drivers. I contacted Onkyo and in 1 word I can sum up their customer support: poor. The rep i talked to explained to me that the drivers were installed on the unit itself. I explained briefly to him that there should have been a CD with the necessary drivers. After much arguing, he talked to his manager and came back with the following reply. "Yep, you need the CD." So I then asked if I could purchase a copy of the CD as well as the remote for the unit. He said the remote was available for purchase, but the CD would only be included with a new unit. I explained that I already had a unit and that I still needed the necessary drivers. Here was his reply: "Sorry, guess you'll have to find them somewhere else".

So am I to assume that if you purchase something from Onkyo, you need to find the accessories elsewhere? Yes, I can get a remote, but how is one suppose to replace the CD if they lose one or break it? I guess according to Onkyo, purchase a while new unit for a new CD? What I have learned is that from that experience I will never think about purchasing anything from Onkyo. Ever.

The bottom line is that I am still at a loss for this CD with the drivers. Does anybody out there have this unit or the CD that can send me a copy of it? Does anybody know where I can get my hands on one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks