Onkyo Customer Support = poor

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ammon, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Ammon

Ammon Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine recently purchased a floor model Onkyo MB-S1. This unit has a buitl in HD and can rip CD's to mp3's and play them back as well. You can also connect it to a PC and transfer files between the two. However, the unit did not come with the CD that contained the Windows drivers. I was able to find the actual software for connecting the two, but alas, no drivers. I contacted Onkyo and in 1 word I can sum up their customer support: poor. The rep i talked to explained to me that the drivers were installed on the unit itself. I explained briefly to him that there should have been a CD with the necessary drivers. After much arguing, he talked to his manager and came back with the following reply. "Yep, you need the CD." So I then asked if I could purchase a copy of the CD as well as the remote for the unit. He said the remote was available for purchase, but the CD would only be included with a new unit. I explained that I already had a unit and that I still needed the necessary drivers. Here was his reply: "Sorry, guess you'll have to find them somewhere else".

So am I to assume that if you purchase something from Onkyo, you need to find the accessories elsewhere? Yes, I can get a remote, but how is one suppose to replace the CD if they lose one or break it? I guess according to Onkyo, purchase a while new unit for a new CD? What I have learned is that from that experience I will never think about purchasing anything from Onkyo. Ever.

The bottom line is that I am still at a loss for this CD with the drivers. Does anybody out there have this unit or the CD that can send me a copy of it? Does anybody know where I can get my hands on one?

2. Todd Beachler

Todd Beachler Stunt Coordinator

call back and talk to a different sales rep.