What's new

onkyo and polk ponderings (1 Viewer)

Hello All,

Don't know if anyone out there might have my same (or very similar) setup and could tell me if they notice something similar.

I have an Onkyo 676 receiver, and my speakers are Polk Audio rt2000i mains, Polk cs245 center, and Polk 5jr surrounds. I listen to quite a bit of music on the system. (sometimes 2-ch only, sometimes in the 5-ch. stereo mode).

What I notice is this: The powered subs in the rti2000's (which I love BTW) won't kick on unless I get the volume on the onkyo up to about 25 or 26. (Unless you have this receiver this may be a meaningless number, but the reference level is 62, and max is about 80.) I find that somewhere around 18-22 is a perfectly acceptable level for quiet listening, but even at quite levels I would like for the low end to have the same relative level as for louder listenting.

Don't get me wrong, I have been VERY pleased with my system, but this one little thing sort of irks me.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?

Thomas_A

Second Unit
are you using the LFE on the 20001 or the Line level in speaker wires. I have the 2001 and a yammie 795a and dont find your issue...Mine are running line level though? just a question

A good point...

I am using the sub pre-out via RCA cable to the sub in on the speakers. Front L and R to the speakers via 16 gauge monster cable. Gold binding clips are off of the speakers.

Thomas_A, do you experience any volume at which the subs don't power on, or do they come on pretty much as soon as you turn on audio regardless of the volume?

Thomas_A

Second Unit
a second delay after I turn my stereo on..and the speakers are stairing at me (green lights) and pumping away. I have mine set to auto and are just a tad past 12:00 on volume

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks