What's new

ONKYO 989 fan issue (1 Viewer)

Dan M

Second Unit
I have an older model Onkyo 989 that always had noticeable fan noise. However as of late I just started noticing the fan hasn't been kicking in intermittently as before. Could my fan have died on me? Is this something I can check/replace easily myself or is it something for the repair shop. I hate the thought of unplugging everything and hauling it in for repair. It's no longer under warranty as well.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
Even if the fans is not working it's OK, the unit will shut down if it overheats. Replacement is easy just take the fan out and go to Radio Shack and they are not expensive, they'll match it up for you. I would'nt worry about replacing it. The unit is not going burn up, just shut down..I have had issues with power amps bevore and I called the manufacture and they said don't even worry about it..

Dan M

Second Unit
many thanks for the response and advice Roger. The only thig that concerns me about removal is it seems to be underneath a bunch of circuit boards. Seems like it might be a bit daunting to remove. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks