What's new

Onkyo 898 (1 Viewer)

Scott VanAntwer

Auditioning
I'm considering purchasing an Onkyo 898, it has features I want and sounds great to me, but has anyone had a bad experience with this reciever or heard bad things about it. Also is the remote funtional. Thanks

Scott

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I have owned this receiver for some time now and I absolutely love it. It sounds fantastic, has every feature that I could want, is very easy to setup and use, converts composite video to s-video, has seven channels of amplification built in and the remote controls every component in my system. I bought the Pronto TSU-2000 when I purchased my 898 but I returned it as I did not need it.
Nothing that sticks out in my mind as a problem...maybe you would have better luck if you asked my apartment neighbors. I'm not sure they appreciate it as much as I do :)
Thanks,
Jeff

Scott VanAntwer

Auditioning
I am also currious if it can be used multi room / multi source. It says that it has a powered zone 2, but my question is can watch a dvd downstairs while someone elese listen to the radion or listen to a cd up stairs? or am I dreamin at this price range.

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you can watch a DVD in 5.1 in one room and stereo in another, I think, since there are seven channels of amplification and you would be using two in another room and five in the main room with the amp. I own a 797 which has the same remote, I love it, it sounds great, but I do not need 7.1, I am only running a 5,1 system so the 797 is plently for me, lots of digital inputs and features, great ergonomics, no problems whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks