What's new

Onkyo 898 ticking (1 Viewer)

Scott VanAntwer

Auditioning
Hey I've been away for a while (enjoying my home theater) but I'm back with a question. Has anyone else had a problem with Onkyo receivers and a ticking in the center channel? It just started about a week ago and now its really getting so bad you can't listen to anything in PL II. To make matters worse Star Wars II comes out tomorrow. I saw a post on another board that someone else had this problem. Is this happening allot and if so is it a big fix? I guess I will have to get it in for warranty service. Thanks.

Tom Lee

Agent
That ticking you hear is just going to get worse. It's going to start from that centre and move all around all your speakers. Mine started on my left Front, and it affected all 7 speakers. Take the unit back to Onkyo, they have a fix for it. While your at it fix the Dolby Digital EX drop out. The one that affects the Pearl Harbour and other DVD'S.

Scott VanAntwer

Auditioning
Thanks, do you know if this is a problem through out the Onkyo line and is it happening allot. Also it sounds like you had the same problem, did the fix restore the receiver back to the original great sound? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks