What's new

onkyo 797 (1 Viewer)

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the onkyo 797 and after month and a week, I had to get repairs. That was a week ago and now they say I may not have it back for another 4-8 weeks. This is silly. I only had it for 5 weeks!!!

Has something like this happened to anyone else? Did you do anything about it?

blair

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I would get intouch with Onkyo and complaint, going with out your receiver for two months is unacceptable.

MichaelJ

Agent
I agree with Juan . That is entirely too long. I just bought the same receiver. Had it two weeks.Tell me if you will .What went wrong with your unit?

John E F

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similar problem with an Onkyo 797 that I finally resolved last week. I had (this one time ever) purchased the extended warranty from the dealer. If you bought it from an authorized and reputable local dealer, you might be able to complain loud enough about a $1000 receiver going bad a week after the return period. I would follow up and complain to Onkyo as well.
Be persistant but not beligerant, try to get the store manager to simpathize with you. Express your unhappiness by saying something like "I would expect this from a $200 piece of budget equipment, but this is a $1000 THX certified state of the art receiver. Explain how you understand these things happen and that how they handle this situation will determine if you do business with them ar recommend them in the future. I have found that the key is to make them want to help you. Acting like a jerk by yelling, using profanity, etc. usually won't do anything to help other than make you feel better.
The 4-8 week time period, while not very reasonable, is pretty common. That's how long it took me too get the problem solved. I this doesn't work, email me and I will let you know what I did while mine was being fixed. ;)

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
They think the problem is the "dsp chip". I'm not sure if that is what they said but thats what i remember :) .
I don't know how to contact Onkyo because I live in canada and I assume it's a diff. number up here.
If anyone knows how I contact them that would be cool. and even cooler to tell me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks