Onkyo 797 remote problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonnyB, Oct 22, 2002.

1. JonnyB

JonnyB Extra

Hi folks,

I'm encountering a rather wierd problem with my Onkyo remote within the last week or so (I've had the unit since August. I programmed the remote to control my cable box, cd player, tv, etc.

For some strange reason, I now need to hit just about all buttons twice before the desired action occurs on the corresponding component. On the first tap, the little red indicator that confirms a signal is sent from the remote *does* light up. But I've got to hit it a second time to change channels, raise the volume, change modes - whatever it is that I want to do.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

2. David Nash

David Nash Agent

David
    I know this may sound simple, but try replacing the batteries. All of my mode buttons would light up on my 797 remote when I tried to change the volume or channel. I also had to push them more than once. I changed the batteries right away and it was good as new.
    Good Luck,
    David

3. Rui

Rui Auditioning

That´s it. Just change the batteries. It seems that onkyo remotes are sold with almost used batteries.
    Rui

4. JonnyB

JonnyB Extra

Thanks guys, the batteries were the problem. I just can't believe they lasted only 2 months [​IMG]
    Well, now I know what to ask for for the holidays - lots of batteries!
    jb