What's new

Onkyo 797 rear power question (1 Viewer)

Bill Lewis

Auditioning
The manual says that the rear power outlets on the Onkyo 797 are switched and can be controlled by the on/standby button on the remote. I can only get the two outlets to shut off if I manually push the power (on/off) button. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the fan im my cabinet plugged into the rear outlet, and I would like it to shut off when the receiver is shut down with the remote, i.e. put into standby mode. If it runs all the time, dust will be a problem

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Bill,

I too have a 797. I was under the impression that one was switched and one was not. I have my EQ running through the switched power that does cut off with the remote.

Phil

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I have my CD player plugged into there and I noticed that if I have the Zone 2 on, then the CD player will never turn off as long as the Zone 2 greed LED is on. Do you guys happen to know about the 12V trigger, I wanted to hook an amp to it, but is says Zone 2 on it?

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Kyle,

Sorry, I don't know anything about that. Heck I'm still wondering how to make zone two work with out reading the manual.

Phil

Bill Lewis

Auditioning
Phil:
I have plugged the fan into both of the rear power outlets and neither one shuts off via the remote. I was hoping that there was some trick to it that wasn't obvious in the manual...any body know for sure how it is supposed to work?

David Cohen

Agent
Make sure that the 2nd zone is not activated. If I remeber correctly, the switched outlets will not switch off if the 2nd zone is activated. The assumption is tha you may be using said outlets to power the 2nd zone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.