Onkyo 787 and svhs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ed O'Neill, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Hi

I just recently finished my HT. I've actually only watched 3 dvd movies so far.

Today I succesfully hooked up the rest of my equipment but I can't get the vcr to work in my system. it work on my other tv but not in my HT.

I am trying to hook up my Mits svhs via the s-video cable to my receiver with no luck. So I called onkyo and the peson said that if I connect the vcr to the receiver using s-video cable that I have to use s-video cables out to tv because the receiver will not up convert the s-video signal. My receiver output is component cables for vido and s-video for on screen menu.

Can any one tell me if this is true or if I am somehow just f---ing something up. I have now spent 2 hours on this and still nothing.

Thanks in advance
    Ed

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Are you sure the Mits video output is selected for S-Video and not Video. I state this because in some models you can select what video output you can use (video=composite) and (Video-S meaning S-Video). I know with the JVC, once you unplug it or when there's a power failure it resets the S-video selection to Video.

3. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Jerome

On the mits it only has a rf convert on/off setting. There is no other output selection or son off switch.

Thanks for trying to help me

Anyone else
    ED