What's new

Onkyo 787 and svhs (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hi

I just recently finished my HT. I've actually only watched 3 dvd movies so far.

Today I succesfully hooked up the rest of my equipment but I can't get the vcr to work in my system. it work on my other tv but not in my HT.

I am trying to hook up my Mits svhs via the s-video cable to my receiver with no luck. So I called onkyo and the peson said that if I connect the vcr to the receiver using s-video cable that I have to use s-video cables out to tv because the receiver will not up convert the s-video signal. My receiver output is component cables for vido and s-video for on screen menu.

Can any one tell me if this is true or if I am somehow just f---ing something up. I have now spent 2 hours on this and still nothing.

Thanks in advance
Ed

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure the Mits video output is selected for S-Video and not Video. I state this because in some models you can select what video output you can use (video=composite) and (Video-S meaning S-Video). I know with the JVC, once you unplug it or when there's a power failure it resets the S-video selection to Video.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Jerome

On the mits it only has a rf convert on/off setting. There is no other output selection or son off switch.

Thanks for trying to help me

Anyone else
ED

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks