Onkyo 696 - Video 1 and 2 out confusion.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Boxall, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Wayne Boxall

Wayne Boxall Extra

A little confused......

On the Onkyo 696, is Video 1 and Video 2 out always enabled. I get a signal from Video 1 out but nothing from Video 2 out......

I tried swapping ans still nothing from Video 2 out.

Any thoughts?

Love the receiver!

2. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I just got my 696 hooked up last week, so I'll try.

Do you have sources for both V1 and V2? Mine is hooked up according to the diagrams, TV video/audio outputs to V1, and VCR to V2. It's working as it should. What exactly are you missing?

3. Wayne Boxall

Wayne Boxall Extra

I have #1 VCR hooked into Video 1 in and out. My cable TV hooked to video 2 in and another video recorder hooked to video 2 out. Nothing is coming through video 2 out.

Any help would be great.

4. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

"I have #1 VCR hooked into Video 1 in and out. My cable TV hooked to video 2 in and another video recorder hooked to video 2 out. Nothing is coming through video 2 out."

Try this...

Leave your #1 VCR as is. Run your 2nd VCR into Video 2 in and outs. Your Cable/TV/satellite should be hooked into Video 3 in. I think your problem is because you've tried to use the Video 2 for two different components. Like I said, I am no expert at this, but try it and see if it works.

5. Wayne Boxall

Wayne Boxall Extra

Problem. Video 3 is Playstation and Video 4 is PS2....I only want video out going to the other Video as I use it to redirect the cable.

No probs.