1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Onkyo 696 at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan Patrick, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Nathan Patrick

I went to pick this up at Circuit City and the manager gave me a hard time. The computer was showing $799, and he confirmed that it was originally $799 last weekend, changed to 549.99 during the week and once again changed back to $799 last night. I just wanted to give everyone who was considering this to maybe move on it quickly.

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Still showing $549 for the receiver at CCs site.

3. Nathan Patrick

That is how I got the price....I took in the printout from the web. Make sure you take it with you.

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Also consider the Express Pick-up option. As long as the website is still showing $550 just complete the transaction online, print out the confirmation page and bring it to the Express Pick-up location (your local CC) that you selected. Show your confirmation/receipt, ID and your credit card and go home with your new toy!
    No fuss, no muss! [​IMG]
    You better hurry though, like the old saying goes, "he who hesitates....."

5. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Got mine yesterday. They said it was on sale for $699 at first, then I hit 'em with the online price. They had to go their on-line computer to verify. Of course, it took the manager an hour to come override on my price, but that's okay!!
    Vin, the way I understand it, don't you have to wait for 6 days for the Express Pick Up to actually show? If not, I just missed a $50 savings!!! I wasn't ready to wait, but if they cheat on that process, I might do some swapping and ordering [​IMG]
    Matt
    ------------------
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

6. David Head

David Head Second Unit

I ordered and picked up mine yesterday via Express Pickup. I had to specify which store I was going to pick it up from and it showed that the store had it in stock. I ordered it at 4:30 and picked it up at 5:00.
    BTW, the web site has been "corrected" and now lists the price as $799.99. Looks like I just made it in under the wire...
    David

7. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Well, it looks like I lost $50 bucks, but still saved $200 !!!! Can't bitch about that, I guess [​IMG] I love this thing- no one can convince me otherwise. Hopefully, CC will have another gaffe on pricing for a Velodyne so that I can snap it up the same way [​IMG]
    Matt
    ------------------
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

8. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

David, glad my suggestion worked out for you! I knew it was just a matter of time before they caught this blunder. Good luck to you, Nathan and Matt with your new Onkyos! [​IMG]
    BTW, I failed to take my own advice and I missed the boat. Actually, although it was a great deal and I would like to eventually get a receiver with DPL II, I really wasn't in the market right now for a new receiver.
    Enjoy!