Onkyo 696 at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan Patrick, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Nathan Patrick

I went to pick this up at Circuit City and the manager gave me a hard time. The computer was showing $799, and he confirmed that it was originally $799 last weekend, changed to 549.99 during the week and once again changed back to $799 last night. I just wanted to give everyone who was considering this to maybe move on it quickly.

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Still showing $549 for the receiver at CCs site.

3. Nathan Patrick

That is how I got the price....I took in the printout from the web. Make sure you take it with you.

4. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Also consider the Express Pick-up option. As long as the website is still showing $550 just complete the transaction online, print out the confirmation page and bring it to the Express Pick-up location (your local CC) that you selected. Show your confirmation/receipt, ID and your credit card and go home with your new toy!
    No fuss, no muss! [​IMG]
    You better hurry though, like the old saying goes, "he who hesitates....."

5. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Got mine yesterday. They said it was on sale for $699 at first, then I hit 'em with the online price. They had to go their on-line computer to verify. Of course, it took the manager an hour to come override on my price, but that's okay!!
    Vin, the way I understand it, don't you have to wait for 6 days for the Express Pick Up to actually show? If not, I just missed a $50 savings!!! I wasn't ready to wait, but if they cheat on that process, I might do some swapping and ordering [​IMG]
    Matt
    ------------------
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

6. David Head

David Head Second Unit

I ordered and picked up mine yesterday via Express Pickup. I had to specify which store I was going to pick it up from and it showed that the store had it in stock. I ordered it at 4:30 and picked it up at 5:00.
    BTW, the web site has been "corrected" and now lists the price as $799.99. Looks like I just made it in under the wire...
    David

7. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Well, it looks like I lost $50 bucks, but still saved $200 !!!! Can't bitch about that, I guess [​IMG] I love this thing- no one can convince me otherwise. Hopefully, CC will have another gaffe on pricing for a Velodyne so that I can snap it up the same way [​IMG]
    Matt
    ------------------
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

8. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

David, glad my suggestion worked out for you! I knew it was just a matter of time before they caught this blunder. Good luck to you, Nathan and Matt with your new Onkyos! [​IMG]
    BTW, I failed to take my own advice and I missed the boat. Actually, although it was a great deal and I would like to eventually get a receiver with DPL II, I really wasn't in the market right now for a new receiver.
    Enjoy!