What's new

Onkyo 600 Speaker Connection-HELP : ( (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Now I REALLY feel stupid:frowning: , but I'm tired, and frustrated - so someone please throw me a bone here ...
I'm currently trying to set up my system after a long day at work, so:
Am pairing the receiver w/ JBL NSP1 - and I can not get speaker terminal cap off the receiver. The 'instructions' say "unscrew the speaker terminal cap" then "insert the exposed wire end" then "screw down the speaker terminal cap."
I can unscrew all these caps only so far out, but they won't come off!:angry: If you have this receiver, help a tired old guy out!
Thanks!

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
check and see if there is some type of hole in the
threaded post. put the bare wire through the hole and
tighen the cap back down

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
terry-
well, I just came back to check replies, and after looking closer, I discovered a small opening towards the top and to the right of the plastic cap. I stuck the wire down in there and twisted the cap back into place. Now I have *one* speaker up and running! :D :b
Seriously, if this isn't the solution, some tell me otherwise.

Norman L

Second Unit
That is how you do it
or go to Radio Shack and buy the Gold Series # 278-306A Banana Plugs 2 per pack. Unscrew the plug, fold over the wire and screw it back. Insert the banana plug into the holes in back of the terminals.

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
William,

I think you will be very pleased with the JBL's that you have. I, too, have these speakers and like them very much. They are a tough set to beat, especially at that price point. I also had mine set up to the Onkyo SR600 for a short period of time. As it was my first receiver, I didn't have too much to compare it too, but I did like the sound.

Good luck in getting it set-up and let us know how you like it when you do get it up and running.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
If possible go out and get some banana plugs. Makes life so much easier. Hooking up bare wire is just a pain in the ass :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks