What's new

Onkyo 595 (1 Viewer)

Gregg Pearson

Auditioning
I recently purchased the 595 and since I am new to the HT thing, I have a question about speaker setup. When I try to setup the speaker distances on the receiver, it keeps changing. For example, if I enter my center speaker at 2 ft. and then enter my fronts at 4 ft., the center distance then changes when I return to the center speakers. Am I making sense? Everytime I put in a number of feet for each type of speaker, the previous setting changes.

Am I doing something wrong and what difference does this adjustment make? Might be a really stupid question, but I am frustrated about this.

Vin

Supporting Actor
Setting the speaker distances is information the receiver needs to determine delay times.....the idea is to have the sound from each speaker reach you at the same time. There's rarely a case where you'd be sitting equidistant from each speaker so this is how the receiver compensates for differences in distances between you and each speaker.

With that said, a distance of only 2 feet from your center channel speaker (considering that the center channel is usually sitting on top of the TV) seems very close...it's unlikely you're actually that close. If you haven't already done so you'll need to measure the distances from each speaker to your seating area and enter those distances into your receiver which will calculate the correct delay times.

Hope this helps,

Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks